Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Goal

I'm on a quest to run an ultramarathon, a 135-miler.
My ultimate goal is the Badwater Ultra Marathon in California.

I'm working on building my resume by gaining acceptance into the Western States Ultra-marathon in California. To start, I'll be running some more marathons such as the Newport Marathon in RI in October; moving on to a 50-miler (preferably the Vermont 50); on to the Western States 100 miler, and then the ultimate - The Badwater.
This is my journey...

7 comments:

  1. GO Dean! You can do it!!!
    Love, Julie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goal! I'm sure you'll be able to reach it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a lot of hard work, but so much fun and very rewarding! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good luck. Did you read the Ultramarathon Man?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."
    ~Buddha

    Rock on! <3 :)
    ~DREW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, didn't know if you already looked into it, but there are some 50 mile and 100 mile events in Oregon. I think you should really look into it, then in addition to your crazy quest, at least you'd get to see all of us.

    ReplyDelete

motivate me